This course requires you to write an argumentative paper. You will submit a topic and outline. Also, you will submit an annotated bibliography and source evaluation.
Use the Source Evaluation Worksheet to submit an annotated bibliography of 5 sources that you intend to use in your paper. Prepare a citation, annotation, and evaluation for each source.
You may collect the worksheets together as one document or you may submit a separate worksheet for each source.
Save your time - order a paper!
Do you want to give your essay a new look that will boost your grade? Try our experienced tutors and get your paper written by the best paper writing service!
✔️Ontime Timely Delivery
✔️Plagiarism Free Papers
Click on the following link for an example of an annotation.
For this assignment, address the following:
- Choose one of the following topics:
- Should hospital emergency departments be used to treat mental health patients?
- Should the title “Doctor” be allowed used in clinical situations by nurses who have earned doctoral degrees?
- Whether vaping is a safe alternative to smoking
- Whether ketogenic diets pose a health risk
- Whether coffee consumption is a health benefit or a health risk
- Whether positive psychology therapy is effective?
- The value of DNA therapies in treating cancer
- Should technologies like CRISPR/Cas9 be used to eliminate genetic diseases (or create designer babies)?
- In a brief thesis paragraph, state the claim you will be making in your paper.
- Provide an outline for your paper including at least 3 main points that you will use to support your claim. The claim you are making in (2) is your conclusion. Write the supporting points in the form of premises for that conclusion
- An introduction containing a thesis that states the issue, your position on the issue, what the paper will cover, and in what order
- At least 2 paragraphs that each contain a well-supported (and documented) claim or sub-argument that will provide strong support for your fallacy-free argument
- At least 1 paragraph discussing a documented, reasonable counterclaim to your position that needs to be a legitimate claim that someone has actually made as a counter-position on your issue
- At least 1 paragraph offering a reasonable, documented response to that counterclaim
- A conclusion that summarizes the argument and conclusion
- Note: As you do your research, it is permissible to change your sources. Also, because of the recency and relevance of these issues, no sources older than 5 years should be used other than as historical information. Critical thinkers do the research first and then side with the preponderance of evidence. You might want to follow that principle.
- Writing Requirements (APA format)
- Length: 750-1000 words – approx. 3-4 pages (not including title page or references page)
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page
- References page (5 sources)