GTPAL stand for: gravida, term, preterm, abortions, living
Gravida: how many pregnancies a woman has had. Term how many pregnancies delivered that have reached or surpassed 37 weeks.
Term: deliver at 37 or greater weeks
Get Your Custom Job Done By a Professional Skilled Writer
Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesHire Writer Now
Preterm: how many pregnancies between 20-37 (actually 36 and 6/7) wks
Abortion: pregnancy loss at less than 20 weeks. Abortions may also be induced by physicians or spontaneously.
Living: how many children are living now?:
1. This is mom’s 1st pregnancy:
2. 2nd pregnancy and she had an AB at 8 wks for the 1st pregnancy
3. 3rd pregnancy. 1st pregnancy delivered at 38 and 2nd pregnancy was twins delivered at 29 wks. 1 of those children died.
4. 2nd pregnancy. Delivered twins at 37 wks both live pregnancy.
5. 3rd pregnancy. Delivered triplets at 28 wks and 2 of the babies survived. Had an elective AB at 6 wks.
6. This is a woman’s 5 pregnancies, births at 41 week, 39 5/7 weeks, 38 6/7 and 36 5/7 weeks 1 induced abortion at 10 weeks , and 4 living children at this time.
7. a pregnant woman who carried one pregnancy to term with a surviving infant; carried one pregnancy to 35 weeks with surviving twins; carried one pregnancy to 9 weeks as an ectopic (tubal) pregnancy; and has 3 living children would have a GTPAL annotation of?
8. A woman who has given birth at term once and has had one miscarriage at 12 weeks would be recorded as?
This assignment is worth 5 points. 1 point for APA and style of paper.
.5 point for each of the eight cases. Partial points are not awarded if you get part of a case incorrect you get the whole case incorrect. Use page 259 in your text book for further details. Explain your rationale. Demonstrations will be done in class.