Application 1: Identification of a Practice Issue for the Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Project
In many of the courses in the DNP program, you have been asked to analyze research literature when exploring issues in health care. Reflect now on an issue in your practice area that has different outcomes from what is supported by the literature. For example, the literature evidence notes that nosocomial infections are reduced when procedures such as hand washing, glove use, and isolation strategies are implemented. In your clinical area, you have implemented these strategies and you are not seeing a reduction in nosocomial infections.
For Application 1, you select an issue that will serve as the launching point for your Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) Project.
Save your time - order a paper!
Do you want to give your essay a new look that will boost your grade? Try our experienced tutors and get your paper written by the best paper writing service!
✔️Ontime Timely Delivery
✔️Plagiarism Free Papers
Before you proceed with this assignment, you may wish to review the overview of the full EBP Project assignment. (see attached file)
To prepare for Application 1:
- Consider the specifics of your practicum setting, as well as practice-related challenges in your specialty area that interest you. Brainstorm practice issues in which an outcome is different from what would be expected according to the research literature (based on the PIICOT Question previously formulated).
- Select one issue to focus on for this assignment (based on the PIICOT Question previously formulated).
- . This will be your issue for the entire EBP Project, so be sure it is one that will enable you to fulfill the project requirements (e.g., you can develop new approaches to practice). You may wish to speak with your Practicum Mentor about your selection.
- Explore the research literature on this issue.
To complete: In a 2-page paper, in APA format and at least 3 references, address the following as numbered below:
1) Introduction ending with a purpose statement (e.g. the purpose of this paper is…)
2) Provide a summary of the selected practice issue in which the outcome is different from what would be expected according to the research literature. (Note: The issue you select must be suitable for completing the entire EBP Project.)
In patients in extended intensive care within an urban acute care facility in Eastern United States, how does early mobilization as recommended by National Institute of Health and Care Excellence clinical guidelines on rehabilitation of patients after critical illness impact early transfers from intensive care as measured 6 months post-implementation when compared to the current standard of care including minimal mobilization of patients?
P: Adult patients
I: in extended intensive care within an urban acute care facility
I: increased mobilization of the patients
C: minimal mobilization of the patients
To students: In addition to the Learning Resources and facilitated discussions provided each week, you are expected to integrate articles from peer-reviewed journals to inform and support your positions and conclusions in the Application Assignments. Graduate-level scholarship provides the foundation for your work and requires a higher level of evidence than lay references, such as the dictionary, Wikipedia, general Internet sites, nursing newspapers, expert opinion, and the like.
Must include at least 1 reference from the list of provided Required Readings and at least 2 references from scholarly articles from peer-reviewed journals
This assignment is due on Wednesday 09/05/18