Personal Career Development Portfolio
Students will create a Career Development Portfolio for themselves. The information that is presented in the portfolio must be discussed within the context of one of the theories we have learned throughout this class. The portfolio will include the following sections
- Demographic information
- 350-700 words (or 1-2 pages) of your career development concerns and why they are concerns (resume development, life planning, education, etc.) and what strategies you have for skill development
- 350-700 words (or 1-2 pages) of any cultural implications you need to consider and why (value of career, privileges, barriers, generational values
- Select 2-3 types of assessments and discuss the results and implications (include a copy of these in an appendix)
- Select two possible career paths. Be sure to use the resources available to discuss the specifics about the course, including: salary, work schedule, daily work tasks, career path. Cite any resources you used.
- Write up a 700-1750 word (or 2-5 page) summary of the information and what it means to you. Please include specifics about what you learned, what you see you need to do, and how you will use this information going forward. Finally, include what you might do for yourself if you were your career counselor and why. Bring in information from what you have learned this term. Be sure to cite your resources.
Attach any assessments or activities you talk about or completed, as well as a cover letter and resume.
Point Value: 23 Points
Get Your Custom Job Done By a Professional Skilled Writer
Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesHire Writer Now
—————————————————————————————————MY INTRODUCTION MIGHT HELP: MY INTRO:Yvette Lunday 3/22/2016 6:01:04 PM
Hello! My fellow Classmates! My name is Yvette Lunday and I am 62 years young, smile!. I have already raised 4 sons, and am an ex-military wife who has traveled around the world. I am currently residing in the Northern part of Alabama with my youngest son, and the rest of my sons are all grown up, and living their own personal lives with their families. I have a job history of over 25 years-plus, working with the mentally disable and helping others in need as a; Professional School Bus driver, Family Support Worker, Substance Abuse Counselor, Residential Counselor, Private Duty, Home Health Aide, Certified Nurses Aide, and a House Manager & Supervisor. So,I decided that at the ripe age of 56 years old, it was time for; me – to – do “ME”! So, I went back to college and I received my Associate Degree in Business Management here at Ashford University 4 years ago in 2014 and received my Bachelors Degree in July, 2016—– in Health & Human Services. I am not quite sure the exact professional field I will be in at the moment, but I do know, that it will be pertaining to “Trouble Young Teenage Girls” and “Me” directing them in the “Right-Direction” of Life! I will be a professional Counselor or Social Worker as I continue my education here at Ashford University, and aiming towards my future goal with my “Masters Degree” in Psychology which I am currently working on now.I should have completed by Oct. 2018 at the age of 62 years old. My motto ” It-Is-Never-Too-Late”!——————————————————————————————————————————————– Hello! My fellow Classmates! My name is Yvette Lunday and it is a pleasure to meet you all!. I am now 61 years young and pursuing my dreams and goals that I had envisioned for myself during my younger years. I started to attend college when I was fresh out of High School at the ripe young age of 18 years old. Although, after 3 months in college, I decided to drop out and marry my military husband and travel the world with him. I did not regret this once and a lifetime opportunity to travel and see the world. I have visited several Countries such as France, Spain, Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Czechoslovakia, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, Bahamas, Jamacia, Grand Cayman Islands just to mention a few, smile. ————————————————————————- Hello! My Fellow Classmates! Nice to meet you! My name is Yvette and I am 61 years young, smile. I am now residing in the northern part of Alabama but originally from Up-State New York. I am a mother of four sons, who are all now grown up and gone now. Furthermore, I am a ex-military wife and a daughter of soldier, which has enabled me to travel to many different places around the world. I have also, been working in this field of Human Services for over 25 years now. Since, I had already raised my family, one day I decided that, it was time for me, to do me! So, I decided to come back to college at the ripe young age of 56, and have already received my AA degree back in Aug.,2014 in “Business Management” at Ashford University, and then my BA degree in “Human Services”, which was last Oct. 2016. I am now working on my MA Degree in “Psychology” which I intend on completing by Oct. 2018 by the Grace of God! My motto is that, “It is never too late to accomplish your goals” 🙂 Good Luck and God Bless to all of you here at the University of the Rockies.