Introduction and Alignment
This exercise will test whether you can apply first the basic principles, vocabulary, and processes you learned, both biostatistical and epidemiologic, in the first four weeks of the course, and given the practice you had with reading and responding to three different published articles in the fifth week, to actually designing a health sciences research study and writing it up in scholarly format, with all it appropriate pieces, “just as if” you had actually carried it out. Hopefully, in the future, you will have the chance to carry out such a study for real.
Upon completion of this assignment, you should be able to:
- Design and write up a health research study on a diverse (in terms of ethnicity, nationality, or another factor) population. Write up each component part of the study, “just as if” you had actually carried it out yourself.
- Textbook: American Psychological Association. (2017). APA Style Central. Retrieved from http://apastylecentral.apa.org
- Textbook: Macha, K., & McDonough, J. P. (2012). Epidemiology for advanced nursing practice. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett Learning.
- Textbook: Sullivan, L. M. (2018). Biostatistics in public health (3rd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning.
- Chapter 2 Study Designs
- Chapter 3 Quantifying the Extent of Disease
- Chapter 4 Summarizing Data Collected in the Sample
- Chapter 6 Confidence Interval Estimates
- Chapter 7 Hypothesis Testing Procedures
- Chapter 8 Power and Sample Size Determination
- Chapter 10 Nonparametric Tests
- Video: Week 6 Video
- MP3: Audio only Week 6 Video
- File: 6.3 Epidemiology Study Guide
- File: 6.3 Epidemiology Research Websites for Generating Case Study Ideas
- For this paper, choose Professional format in APA Style Central as it will guide you through the writing of your abstract and author note.
- Download the file Exercise 6.3 Epidemiology Study Guide 10.2018
- Using this guide, write up an epidemiology study just as if you had performed it. Further detailed instructions are included on the guide. Abstracts are usually 250 words or less so please use the Word Count feature under the Review tab.
- When you have completed your assignment, save a copy for yourself and submit a copy to your instructor using the Dropbox.
Save your time - order a paper!
Do you want to give your essay a new look that will boost your grade? Try our experienced tutors and get your paper written by the best paper writing service!
✔️Ontime Timely Delivery
✔️Plagiarism Free Papers