1. According to Chapter 9 in the textbook, does Job ever find out why he suffered? What is the best explanation from our perspective?
2. Read the story of the raising of Lazarus in John 11. What can we learn about Jesus and death from this account of the event?
Get Your Custom Job Done By a Professional Skilled Writer
Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesHire Writer Now
3. Suffering came into our world after what major event?
4. Read the 11 reasons for suffering listed in Lecture 7.
a. Which reasons for suffering may be true for all people?
b. Which reason or reasons for suffering might provide good cause for a Christian to “count it all joy” as James says to do in James 1:2-4?
5. Read the section on theodicy in Chapter 9 of the textbook.
a. Define theodicy.
b. What are two explanations Christians might give to explain the problem of evil—how a good and powerful God would allow suffering?
6. List all the reasons Christians are justified in feeling angry at God in the midst of suffering.
7. From your reading about Jesus and His crucifixion, did Jesus really suffer (see Luke 22:44)?
8. Summarize Romans 5:3-5.
9. According to Philippians 2:1-11, how are Christians to behave in light of what Jesus endured?
10. From Chapter 10 in the textbook, what is the difference between guilt and shame?