This assignment requires you to interview one person and requires an analysis of your interview experience.
Part I: Interview
Select a patient, a family member, or a friend to interview. Be sure to focus on the interviewee’s experience as a patient, regardless of whom you choose to interview.
Save your time - order a paper!
Do you want to give your essay a new look that will boost your grade? Try our experienced tutors and get your paper written by the best paper writing service!
✔️Ontime Timely Delivery
✔️Plagiarism Free Papers
Review The Joint Commission resource found in topic materials, which provides some guidelines for creating spiritual assessment tools for evaluating the spiritual needs of patients. Using this resource and any other guidelines/examples that you can find, create your own tool for assessing the spiritual needs of patients.
Your spiritual needs assessment survey must include a minimum of five questions that can be answered during the interview. During the interview, document the interviewee’s responses.
The transcript should include the questions asked and the answers provided. Be sure to record the responses during the interview by taking detailed notes. Omit specific names and other personal information through which the interviewee can be determined.
Part II: Analysis
Write a 500-750 word analysis of your interview experience. Be sure to exclude specific names and other personal information from the interview. Instead, provide demographics such as sex, age, ethnicity, and religion. Include the following in your response:
- What went well?
- Were there any barriers or challenges that inhibited your ability to complete the assessment tool? How would you address these in the future or change your assessment to better address these challenges?
- How can this tool assist you in providing appropriate interventions to meet the needs of your patient?
- Did you discover that illness and stress amplified the spiritual concern and needs of your interviewee? Explain your answer with examples.
Submit both the transcript of the interview and the analysis of your results. This should be submitted as one document. The interview transcript does not figure into the word count.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Please refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
This benchmark assignment assesses the following competencies:
CONHCP Program Competencies for the RN-BSN:
5.2: Assess for the spiritual needs and provide appropriate interventions for individuals, families, and groups.
Tool for Assessing the Spiritual Needs of Patients CONHCP: 5.2
Tool for assessing the spiritual needs of patients is present and focuses on experiences of patients. The tool uses effective methods for gathering data that produces the results intended. A clear transcript of the interview is provided.
Analysis of Interview Experience
An analysis of the interview experience is included and addresses all of the points included in the assignment instructions. The analysis shows a deep understanding of the connections.
Thesis Development and Purpose
Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
Argument Logic and Construction
Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.
Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use)
Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English.
Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment)
All format elements are correct.
Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style)
Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error.
- Who or what provides the patient with strength and hope?
- Does the patient use prayer in their life?
- How does the patient express their spirituality?
- How would the patient describe their philosophy of life?
- What type of spiritual/religious support does the patient desire?
- What is the name of the patient’s clergy, ministers, chaplains, pastor, rabbi?
- What does suffering mean to the patient?
- What does dying mean to the patient?
- What are the patient’s spiritual goals?
- Is there a role of church/synagogue in the patient’s life?
- How does your faith help the patient cope with illness?
- How does the patient keep going day after day?
- What helps the patient get through this health care experience?
- How has illness affected the patient and his/her family?