Which of the following has largely been excluded from Canadian nursing history?
Chapter 02: Historical Overview of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing Test Bank
1. Which of the following has largely been excluded from Canadian nursing history?
Get Your Custom Job Done By a Professional Skilled Writer
Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesHire Writer Now
Female nurses role in psychiatric nursing
Mental health field of study
Male attendants role in institutions
Generalist registered nurses role
2. Which is true of asylums?
Cognitive-behavioural therapy experts
Place where people with mental illness could be cured
Middle to upper socioeconomic status patients with mental illness received treatment
3. Which of the following represented a seventeenth to eighteenthcentury societal view of people with mental illness?
Restraints were not to be used on mentally ill patients.
Those with mental illness were immune to human discomforts.
Informed consent was required prior to admission to an asylum.
Patient neglect rarely if ever occurred in asylums.
4. The nurse is caring for a patient in an asylum in the mid-1800s in Canada. What would the nurse expect to implement?
Assisting with eating and dressing
Group therapy interventions
Antipsychotic medication administration
5. Who was instrumental in lobbying for the first mental health hospital in the United States and for reform in British and Canadian institutions?
The post Which of the following has largely been excluded from Canadian nursing history? appeared first on nursing term paper.